Volunteering with us!
T-Town TNR relies heavily on volunteers to achieve our goals. There are many opportunities for volunteers to contribute whether it's listening to the public's requests for help, trapping cats, or transporting them to and from clinic appointments.
Doing TNR as a volunteer is rewarding, as you will be working with others that are dedicated, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about making a difference to the lives of the cats and the communities that they are a part of, through spay/neuter/vaccinate/return.
We welcome volunteers that would like to work with us on our team. Here are just some of the activities we perform and what the work involves:
- transport cats in traps to surgery, then from surgery to overnight recovery in carriers,
- house and care for cats in traps pre and post op (recovery) of their spay/neuter surgery,
- return and release cats to their outdoor homes,
- perform record keeping of colonies and spay/neuters,
- clean and maintain traps/carriers/linens and other supplies,
- Perform fundraisers, seek donations and submit grants to obtain the funding necessary to further our mission and achieve our goals.